Pressure Mattress Ripple. This ripple mattress is designed for the treatment and prevention of pressure sore Stage 1 in short-term and domicilliary therapies. It is not designed for pressure sores above Stage 1. Please see either Tube Mattress up to Stage 2 or ICU Stage IV if the sore is broken or extensive. This is a low risk pressure mattress only.
Pressure sores (bed sores) are an injury to the skin and underlying tissue. They can range from mild reddening of the skin to severe tissue damage-and sometimes infection-that extends into muscle and bone.
Pressure sores – The 4 Stages :
- Stage 1. Not an open wound. The skin may be painful, but it has no breaks or tears.
- Stage 2. The skin breaks open, wears away, or forms an ulcer, which is usually tender and painful.
- Stage 3. The sore extends into the tissue beneath the skin, forming a small crater.
- Stage 4. The pressure sore is very deep, reaching into muscle and bone and causing extensive damage.
The pressure mattress ripple Stage 1 is made from high strength medical grade PVC and is composed of 130 7 cm-high bubble cells. It is fixed to the bed by extra flaps on both the top and bottom side. Very easy to install,maintain and use. The pump can be adjusted for comfort of the user. The pump can be hung on the end of the bed by means of two hooks.
- Dimensions without flaps (LxWx H): 200 X 90 X 7cm
- Extension Flaps length: 50cm x 50 cm (head and foot sides.
- Mattress material: TW EN71 Medical-Grade PVC
- Material thickness: 3.35mm
- Cold-resistant: -30 deg C
- Number of cells: 130
- Maximum Weight capacity 135 kg