B-Active Passive Exerciser. The B-Active Passive Exerciser Mk3 now has an Active facility so if you have a SCI , you now have the benefit of both active exercise for the upper body and passive for the lower body. The exerciser also comes complete with a non slip mat.
Physical exercise benefits all of us; but, for the disabled; elderly; stroke victims; convalescing patients and those just out of rehab, traditional exercise routines can be too painful and sometimes downright impossible.
A passive exercise machine overcomes this barrier and is an extremely cost effective way to increased fitness within the home environment. They are highly regarded by most healthcare professionals.
They can also be used to exercise lower or upper body depending on patients’ needs and many can switch between passive or active.
- Improves circulation by preventing blood from pooling in the lower torso which could lead to ulcers or bedsores;
- Relieves swollen ankles and legs due to increased blood circulation;
- Increase in cardiac capacity, allowing oxygen-rich blood to be pumped throughout the body;
- Assists in flexibility to the ankles, knees, hips and spine;
- Decrease in muscle spasms – increased circulation and relaxed, more flexible muscles;
- Prevents stiffening of joints and reduces joint pain caused by existing stiffness;
- Improves contractures caused by atrophy and shortening of muscles or joints;
- Releases endorphins, promoting relaxation and a ‘feel good’ feeling within the body.
- Relieves stress, assists in relaxation & assists in regular sleeping patterns